When you connect your email, you’d be able to receive emails and have them automatically associated with the related records in Freshsales. This helps you track email conversations with all your prospects from one place.
After you connect your email, all incoming emails are scanned and only those email addresses that belong to leads or contacts are fetched and attached to the corresponding records. If you’d like to create leads every time you receive an email from a new address, you can do so by enabling the Auto create new leads via email checkbox under your Profile Settings.
To connect your email,
- Click your Profile picture > Connect your email.
- If you use Gmail, Microsoft Office 365 or Zoho mail, click Connect button of the respective icons.
Sometimes while trying to connect your mailbox, the password credentials you enter may fail. One common reason is 'Two-factor Authentication'.
To solve this:
1. Check if you have enabled two-factor authentication for your email.
2. If so, generate a unique password for Freshsales and then try using the new password to login.
This is specific to each email server. Refer the links below if your server is:
After connecting your email, a success message is displayed along with your email service’s IMAP details and you’re all set to receive emails.
If you’ve reset your password or revoked the access permissions of your email account, Freshsales stops receiving emails from your mailbox.
To reconnect your email,
- Click Edit. You would be prompted to enter your email address and password.
- After you’ve entered the right email credentials, hit Connect.
If you’d like to connect the account of a different email service,
- Click Edit, choose the email service, enter your email credentials and hit Connect.
If you’d like to disconnect your email account permanently to stop receiving emails via IMAP,
- Click the Delete icon. Upon your confirmation, the current configuration for your email account is deleted.
All incoming emails go directly into your Freshsales Inbox. Head to Conversations > Email > Inbox to find them.
To improve your email deliverability (reduce bounce rate) you need to configure your SMTP settings. To do so,
1. Click 'Edit SMTP' to choose the email server from which your emails have to be sent.
2. For better deliverability, use your email domain's SMTP server to send emails.
3. If you want to use Freshsales to send your emails, choose the 'Use Freshsales SMTP server to send emails' button. Additionally, you need to configure SPF and DKIM records too.
These are a few email enhancements that makes your work more productive:
- Conversation sync: Emails received are automatically associated with the related records of the lead/contact in Freshsales, helping you track all conversations related to your prospect.
- Calendar sync: Your calendar is synced with Freshsales once your mailbox is connected.
- Intelligent mapping: All incoming emails are scanned and only those that belong to leads or contacts are fetched and attached to the corresponding records.
All incoming emails go directly to your Freshsales Inbox. Head to Conversations > Email > Inbox to find them.