Connect your email and receive all mails related to your prospects directly into Freshsales. This saves you from having to juggle between your mailbox and the product repeatedly.
To connect your email,
- Click your Profile picture. This brings the profile settings dropdown. Click Connect email.
- If you use Gmail, Microsoft Office 365 or Zoho mail, click Connect button of the respective icons.
Sometimes while trying to connect your mailbox, the password credentials you enter may fail. One common reason is 'Two-factor Authentication'.
To solve this:
1. Check if you have enabled two-factor authentication for your email.
2. If so, generate a unique password for Freshsales and then try using the new password to login.
This is specific to each email server. Refer the links below if your server is:
After connecting your email, a success message is displayed along with your email service’s IMAP details and you’re all set to receive emails.
|Note: Freshsales fetches only those emails that are received by you after connecting your mailbox to Freshsales.|
If you’ve reset your password or revoked the access permissions of your email account, Freshsales stops receiving emails from your mailbox.
To reconnect your email,
- Click Edit. You would be prompted to enter your email address and password.
- After you’ve entered the right email credentials, hit Connect.
If you’d like to connect the account of a different email service,
- Click Edit, choose the email service, enter your email credentials and hit Connect.
All incoming emails go directly into your Freshsales Inbox. Head to Conversations > Email > Inbox to find them.
If you’d like to disconnect your email account from Freshsales to stop receiving emails via IMAP,
- Click Remove. Upon your confirmation, the current configuration for your email account is deleted.
To improve your email deliverability (reduce bounce rate) you need to configure your SMTP settings. To do so,
1. Click 'Edit SMTP' to choose the email server from which your emails have to be sent.
2. For better deliverability, use your email domain's SMTP server to send emails.
3. If you want to use Freshsales to send your emails, choose the 'Use Freshsales SMTP server to send emails' button. Additionally, you need to configure SPF and DKIM records too.
These are a few email enhancements that makes your work more productive:
- Conversation sync: Emails received are automatically associated with the related records of the lead/contact in Freshsales, helping you track all conversations related to your prospect.
- Calendar sync: Your calendar is synced with Freshsales once your mailbox is connected.
- Intelligent mapping: All incoming emails are scanned and only those that belong to leads or contacts are fetched and attached to the corresponding records.