A lead goes through various stages in a sales process before it gets qualified as sales ready. If you find yourself making multiple attempts to contact a lead, the Lead Stage helps you quickly sort and identify your qualified leads, and the ones that require a follow-up.
Freshsales gives you 6 default lead stages to get you started. You can edit and remove these stages, and also add new ones to suit your business needs.
To customize lead stages,
- Login to your Freshsales account as an administrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > Leads Module . The default fields provided by Freshsales is listed under Basic Information, whereas the fields customized by you is found under Additional Information and Application Data.
- Click the Edit field icon beside Lead stage under Basic Information.
- In the Edit Field - Lead Stage overlay,
- The Label, Internal Name, Group and Field Type are non editable fields.
- You can edit and delete the existing choices (except New and Unqualified), or add new ones by clicking the Add choice button.
- When you delete the existing choices, the records with that stage would automatically be changed to the default stage, New.
- You can also re-order the choices in the way you want it to appear in the lead form.
- Once you are done, click Save.
You can now find these customized stages in the field Lead stage under Leads.