A lead goes through various stages in a sales process before it gets qualified as sales ready. If you find yourself making multiple attempts to contact a lead, the Lead Stage helps you quickly sort and identify your qualified leads, and the ones that require a follow-up.
Freshsales gives you 6 default lead stages to get you started. You can edit and remove these stages, and also add new ones to suit your business needs.
To customize lead stages,
Login to your Freshsales account as an administrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > Custom fields > Lead fields. The default fields provided by Freshsales is listed under Basic Information, whereas the fields customized by you is found under Additional Information and Application Data.
- Click the Edit field icon beside Lead stage under Basic Information.
- In the Edit Field - Lead Stage overlay,
- The Label, Internal Name, Group and Field Type are non editable fields.
- You can edit and delete the existing choices (except New and Unqualified), or add new ones by clicking the Add choice button.
- When you delete the existing choices, the records with that stage would automatically be changed to the default stage, New.
- You can also re-order the choices in the way you want it to appear in the lead form.
- Once you are done, click Save.
You can now find these customized stages in the field Lead stage under Leads.