A lead’s information is saved in three groups:
This includes all the default lead fields provided by Freshsales that can be filled in manually through lead forms and during import, or automatically using our Freshsales for Web library
Here’s the list of default fields.
Lead’s first name
The company that the lead works for
Email Address of the lead
The department the lead belongs to
Work phone number
Mobile phone number
|Other Phone Numbers*
|Alternate numbers that can be used to reach the lead when Work and Mobile numbers are not available.
Eg: Support hotline numbers, Personal mobile phone number etc.
Residential Address including city, state, country.
Facebook profile link (Auto enriched)
LinkedIn profile link (Auto enriched)
Twitter profile link (Auto enriched)
Company’s phone number
Company Annual Revenue
Company’s annual revenue
Number of employees
Company’s employee count
Company’s address including city, state, country.
Eg: 160-6802 Aliquet Road.
Company’s business type with respect to yours
Company’s industry type
Deal’s potential in dollars
Expected close date
The date when you expect to close the deal
The product the deal is for
The user assigned to the lead
The stage that the lead is in
The reason why a lead will not be qualified/converted
The territory the lead belongs to
The source of the lead- where the lead came from.
The medium that led the lead to your blog/website
The sales/marketing campaign that led the lead to your website
The keywords that the lead used i.e, what the lead is looking for
Do not disturb
The lead does not want to be contacted again or has unsubscribed
The lead has authority to take decisions w.r.t the purchase.
Last name is a mandatory field.
Note: For all accounts created on or before 27th June 2017, the Company Name is mandatory for conversion. For the new Garden and Estate accounts created after 27th June 2017, Company name is optional. A new Blossom or Sprout account user can contact our support team to make the Company Name optional.
This includes custom fields that capture additional information about the lead such as Date of birth, Alternate address, Years of work experience etc. The custom fields can be filled in manually through the lead forms or during import.
To customize lead fields,
- Go to Admin Settings > Lead Settings.
Click thedropdown on a field and click the icon. This brings up the Edit Field overlay.
- In the Edit Fieldoverlay,
- You can edit the Field Label, and add a Tooltip and Placeholder text. The Internal Name and Field type, however, cannot be edited. You can also move the field to a group of your choice by selecting from the Group or sub-group dropdown.
- You can configure the field properties such as making it a required field, read-only field, unique field and also opt to display the field in the quick-add form.
- Once you are done, click Save.
Learn more about creating custom fields for leads.
- In addition to Work and Mobile numbers, users can also capture other alternate phone numbers by adding numbers under other phone numbers and assigning them a label. However, when calls are made to 'other phone numbers' for a lead/contact, Freshsales does not feature them as a part of the activities timeline.