At times, you may find yourself typing the same email content over and over again to your leads and contacts. In Freshsales, you can save time by creating pre-formatted templates to send some of the most common emails. You can even share these templates with your team to help them send emails faster.
To create email templates,
- Go to Conversations > Email Templates.
- The list of email templates in your account is shown here. Click the New template button.
- In the Add template overlay, enter a name for your template which your team can relate to in a flash. For example, if you’re creating a template to send emails to the newly signed up leads, the template’s name could be “Welcome Email” or “Thanks for signing up!
- Enter the subject line of the email.
- Type your content in the email body. Use placeholders such as the customer’s First Name, Last Name, Email and Company Name to give a personalized touch to your emails. You can also add links and track the click-through rate using using email tracking.
- Click on the Attachment icon. You can either upload a new file or re-use an existing one under My Files
To share email templates,
Click the icon of the email template that you wish to share with your team.
Note: A user will have the ability to share a template only if it is configured as a part of his role. Refer to this article to know more.
Click the Share icon. This brings up the SHARE EMAIL TEMPLATE overlay.
Click the Visible to dropdown to configure the visibility of the email template. You can choose between one of three options:
- Just me: Choosing this option makes the template private which will be visible only to the creator.
- Everyone: Choosing this option makes the template public, thereby making it visible to everyone in the organization.
- Selected users, teams, and territories: The owner of the template can make the template visible to selected users, teams, and territories on the account.
Once added, here’s how the view will appear. To remove specific users/teams/territories from the list, hover on their names and click X
- Click to make the changes live.
Custom roles to share email templates
Admin can decide if the user can share his email templates with his team.
User can share email templates with his Team, Territory or specific users in the account.
He can also make his template public across the account.