When you have an email address that receives a high volume of emails from prospects whom you'd like to add as leads in your CRM, email forwarding does the job for you. By simply auto forwarding all the emails that get sent to your email address (such as a contact us address or a sales address) to your Freshsales email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), you can have the senders of the emails added as leads and also have their emails associated with their records in Freshsales.
Here's how you do it,
- Login to Freshsales as an Administrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > Email and Phone > Email Settings.
- In the Email Settings page, you can find your Freshsales email address in the field Forward your emails to. Click Copy to copy this address to your clipboard.
- Next, login to your email account. Below are the steps for auto forwarding emails from Gmail.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click the Settings drop down and choose Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click the Add a forwarding address button. In the popup that appears, paste your copied Freshsales email address.
- Hit Next to continue. A verification field appears. You'd need to enter a verification code to complete the setup.
- An email with the verification code is sent from Freshsales to the registered email addresses of all the Account administrators. The verification code must be copied and pasted in the field Verify email@example.com.
- Click Verify when you're done.
- Ensure that the radio button next to 'Forward a copy of incoming mail to' is enabled and the setting is saved.