This feature is powered byFreddy, Freshworks’ AI-powered sales assistant. Freddy uses ML algorithms to continually learn from data stored in Freshsales and builds understanding to report duplicate records and deliver deal insights.
Freshsales detects duplicate leads and contacts in your account to help you maintain clear and accurate data. The deduplication functionality, which is powered by Freddy, proactively looks for, detects, and displays duplicate records using a smart match algorithm.
How does Freddy detect duplicate records?
Freddy searches your lead and contact records and looks for matches between records by analyzing the following fields of each record:
Duplicates are detected by analyzing multiple fields and identifying relevant matches between fields. Results are ranked in descending order of relevance or accuracy with the topmost record being the most likely duplicate.
For example, in the following screenshot, notice that records that have matching email addresses, different versions of the same phone number, and possible nicknames are all detected as duplicates for one record.
In practice, Freddy AI detects duplicates in the following scenarios:
Likely duplicates that will be detected
Shortened Names & Use of nicknames
Bob Andrews; Rob Andrews
Cathy Johnson; Kathy Johnson
Short forms, punctuation, abbreviations
Freshdesk Inc, Freshdesk Corp.
Johnson and Johnson
Johnson & Johnson
Change in the sequence of words
University of Manchester
Phonetic matches and verb forms
Multiple email addresses from the same person
Typos: Misplaced letters
Typos: Spaces within a word
Fresh works; Freshwork s
Typos: QWERTY keys
Typos: Missing Letter
Phone numbers with and without codes
Once a set of duplicates is detected, users can execute one of the following actions:
- Merge: Merge allows users to move the values of a duplicate lead or contact under the primary record and remove the duplicate.
Here’s how this works:
Consider an example where there are multiple leads that bear the name Robert Andrews, Bob Andrews, Rob andrews. When you open one of these leads, say Robert Andrews, Freshsales detects and displays matching records as duplicates. When you merge, a duplicate record is merged with ‘Robert Andrews’ as the primary record.
- Quick Merge: Quick Merge merges all detected duplicates into the primary record.
Note: Duplicate contacts cannot be reverted into leads in Freshsales
- View & Edit fields: You can view the fields of the duplicates from the primary record to gather more context.
- Assign to: There are instances when two or more records may have been created for the same lead. In such a scenario, you can reassign those duplicate leads to a single owner.
- Send email: If a duplicate has an email associated with it, you can send an email.
- Delete: The delete function deletes the duplicate record from your Freshsales account.
- Remove from Duplicate: If a record is not a duplicate, you can remove the duplicate record so that the record does not appear in duplicate results.
Note: Freddy is enabled by default on your Freshsales account. If you want to disable Freddy from detecting smart matches, go to Admin Settings > CRM Settings and uncheck the option ‘Check for duplicates through smart matches’. This will restore your settings to the former deduplication feature.
If you would like to send us feedback on this feature, write to us at email@example.com