Evaluating sales based on a timeframe is one of the best ways to know the month-on-month, weekly or annual trends of the product’s performance as a whole.
These reports help you know if lead generation for your product is going good for the current quarter or, if there is any considerable growth in the number of deals closed for this month. You can comfortably compare the growth trends across months, weeks, quarters or even on a day-to-day basis with these reports.
You can pull out reports using any of the time based fields like :
Created at, Updated at, First contacted, Last contacted, First assigned at and so on.
Ex: Say you want to see the no. of leads added in the past week. You need to create a report and while adding a chart or selecting the type of tabulation (summary or matrix),
1. Choose the line graph.
2. Pick Created at as your X-axis field property.
3. Now, click the Weekly option from the next dropdown.
Initially if you've chosen your time period to be,
- Year(s): X-axis's frequency on Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly basis.
- Quarter(s): X-axis's frequency on Monthly, Weekly or Quarterly basis.
- Month(s): X-axis's frequency is based on Weekly or Monthly basis.
- Week(s): X-axis's frequency is based on Daily or Weekly basis.
Note: The above dropdown's options change according to the time period you choose under Filters & Grouping:|
4. Click Save to obtain a report representing the weekly trend on the no. of leads added.
Some default trend reports is already available for you to use. They are:
1. Last week’s leads: Grouped on ‘daily’ basis
2. This month’s sales: Grouped on ‘weekly’ basis
3. This year’s sales: Grouped on ‘monthly’ basis
4. Next month’s forecast: Grouped on ‘weekly’ basis
5. Lead conversions this year: Grouped on ‘monthly’ basis
You can edit these existing reports according to your need. Nevertheless, you can also create different time-based reports yourself, by choosing different time based metrics too.