When you have different records for the same accounts, it becomes difficult to track their correspondence over time. You may not want to delete the records as some of them might have data that you could use in future even if they aren’t active. At times like these, you can always choose to merge your records into one primary record that has the data from all the accounts merged.
Here’s how you do it,
- From the Accounts list view page, select the accounts that you’d like to merge. You can merge a maximum of 25 accounts at a time.
- In the Merge Accounts overlay, choose an account that you’d like to retain in Freshsales.
- The account that you choose is the Primary record and all the other accounts become Secondary records.
- The data from the primary record is retained.
- If the primary record has blank fields, then the data from the secondary records is filled in those fields.
- The secondary records are then deleted permanently.
What happens after I merge the accounts?
To help you understand how merge works, here’s a list of all the account properties that get updated,
1. Account fields - The primary record is retained with its values. If the primary record has blank fields, then the values of the most recently updated secondary record is filled. However, the following lead fields are updated as follows,
- Created at - The date of the the oldest record (primary or secondary) created.
- Updated at - The date when the leads are merged.
- Territory - If the primary record does not belong to any territory, it is then run against all the territory rules in your account and added to the respective territory.
- Related contacts - If the primary record does not have any related contacts of its own, then the related contacts of the most recently modified secondary record gets merged with the primary record.
2. Appointments & Tasks - The appointments and tasks of all the secondary records is merged with the primary record.
3. Deals - The deals of all the secondary records is merged with the primary record.
4. Conversations - All conversations, inclusive of phone calls and voicemails, of the secondary records, is associated with the primary record.
5. Activities Timeline - The activities of all the secondary records is merged with the primary record.