A contact’s information is saved in three groups:
This includes all the default contact fields provided by Freshsales that can be filled in manually through contact forms, during import and lead conversion, or automatically using our Freshsales for web library.
Here’s the list of default fields.
|First name||Contact's first name|
|Last name||Contact's last name|
|Owner||The user who created the Contact|
|Accounts||The company that the lead works at|
Upto 10 companies can be associated to a contact
|Department||Contact's department at work|
|Contact's email address|
|Telephone numbers (Work & Mobile)||Respective phone numbers|
|Status||Type of Contact|
Eg: Qualified Lead, Reseller, etc
|Has authority||If the Contact has the authority to take transactional/monetary decisions.|
|Do not disturb||Contacts who've opted out of promotional or any other bulk email campaigns.|
|Timezone||Timezone of the Contact|
Eg: Pacific Time - US & Canada
|Address||Door no, Street name|
Eg: 32, Baker Street
|Facebook account URL (auto enriched)|
|Twitter account URL (auto enriched)|
|LinkedIn account URL (auto enriched)|
|Source||Source of the Contact- where it came from|
Eg: Organic search or the web, etc
|Campaign||The campaign that directed your Contact to your website or app|
|Medium||The medium(channel) that led your Contact to your website or app|
|Keyword||The search keywords that your Contact used|
This includes custom fields that capture additional information about the contact such as Date of birth, Alternate address, Years of work experience etc. The custom fields can be filled in manually through the lead forms or during import.
To customize contact fields,
- Login to your Freshsales account as an administrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > Custom fields > Contact fields.
- Click the Edit icon beside a field under Basic Information, Additional Information or Application data.
- In the Edit Field Type overlay,
- The Field name and Field type are non-editable fields.
- You may change the Group or Sub-group under which a field is listed, mark it required, make it read-only or add it to the quick add view.
- You may edit and delete the existing choices, or add new ones by clicking the Add choice button.
- When you delete the existing choices, the value for those records would become blank.
5. Once you are done, click Save.
Learn more about creating custom fields for contacts.