You can assign leads to users individually, in bulk or auto-assign them using territories. By default, the user adding a lead is made the owner but you can always reassign the lead to a different user. You can view the Unassigned leads from the leads list view page and assign them to users too.
Assigning a lead to a user from the details page:
- Select a lead from the Leads list view page. In the details page of the lead, click the View and Edit all fields icon.
- In the Edit Lead overlay, choose the user you’d like to assign the lead to from the Owner dropdown.
- Hit Save.
Bulk assigning leads to a user:
- Go to the Leads tab and select the leads you’d like to assign to a user by clicking the checkbox beside their names.
- From the bulk actions tray, click the Assign to button.
- In the Assign to overlay, choose the user you want the selected leads assigned to from the Owner dropdown.
- Hit Assign.
Assigning leads to a user via import:
When you import a CSV file with a column that has the email addresses of the registered users (in Freshsales), then the leads are automatically assigned to the respective users.
Auto assigning leads using territories
You can configure territory rules to automatically assign leads to the user(s) in a specific territory.
Territory rules are available only in Garden and Estate.