Organizing users into territories helps your sales team focus their time and effort on particular sets of customers. By grouping users based on their sales expertise, you can have them automatically assigned to a variety of leads that come inside Freshsales. Additionally, territories can also be used by sales managers to monitor the activities and progress of the sales reps as well as the leads in that territory.
To organize your team,
- Login to your Freshsales portal as an Administrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > General Settings > Territories.
- In the Territories list view page, pick a territory you like and click Edit. Or you could add a new territory by clicking the New territory button.
- Under List of users who have access, enter the names of the users you’d like to provide territory access to. These users would be able to view and edit the details of the leads in that particular territory. You can add any number of users here.
- Under List of users to auto-assign leads in round robin, enter the names of the users (from the users who have access to this territory) whom you want the leads in that particular territory auto-assigned to.
- Once you are done, click Save.
The users who have access can view and edit the leads in the territory but they won’t be assigned as the owner to any of them.
When a lead comes inside Freshsales, the lead’s data is matched against the territory rule and when the rule is satisfied, a user from the List of users to auto-assign leads in round robin of that territory is assigned as the owner in a round robin manner.