This feature allows users to rename the 4 main modules on Freshsales- Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Deals- to a name of their choice.
|Note: Freshsales allows the functionality to rename modules in only two languages– English and Simplified Chinese|
How is this feature useful?
This feature is useful in a context where the terminology used in a CRM is not particularly suited for the process or the industry the user belongs to. In such a scenario, an admin rename the core modules of Freshsales—Leads, Contacts, Accounts and Deals—based on your business. This can be done by the Admin and it’ll reflect for all the team members who’re using Freshsales.
Let us consider a couple of examples,
Example 1: You are in the education and learning space and your “Lead” is likely to be an “applicant” or a “student”. An “Account” will be the course that you offer.
Example 2: Your company is into eCommerce where a Website visitor is your “Lead” while a customer is your “Contact”. And the shopping cart is likely to be a “Deal” in your use case.
Now, in both cases, you can rename the modules on Freshsales to reflect your business. Here’s how:
How can I rename the modules?
- Login to your Freshsales account as an Admin and go to Admin settings.
- Go to CRM CUSTOMIZATIONS and click on Module Customizations . This opens a dedicated page where you can rename the four primary modules- Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Deals.
- Click on the Edit Icon. You will be presented with a form to rename your module. The forms will bear the default module names - Leads, Contacts, Accounts, or Deals- until changed.
- Rename the module as per your business’ terminology and provide a singular and a plural name for your module. After renaming the module, click for the changes to take effect.Note:
- The number of characters in the name of a module cannot exceed 25.
- While the name of the modules will change across the product UI, the properties of the modules will remain the same. Renamed Lead/Contact/Account/Deal fields will retain their original functionality.
What are the UI changes that will take effect once the modules are renamed?
When you rename a module, the module still works the same—only its name changes. The new name will reflect across Freshsales: left navigation names, views, imports, field names, placeholders, reports and dashboards, etc.
However, the Admin Settings page will continue to show the original names so the Admin can identify the modules correctly.