Using Freshsales data import feature, you can import all your Pipedrive data to Freshsales in a single click. We import the following files -
- Persons (Contacts)
- Organizations (Accounts)
- Deals (Deals + Pipelines)
- Notes (Notes) and
- Activities (Task, Appointment, Call Log)
- You can migrate up to 10 pipelines in total. All deals from the remaining pipelines are added to the Fressales admin-default pipeline's first deal stage.
- Emails are not migrated from Activities to Freshsales.
Mapping: The mapping used to import your data is a static mapping that best transfers your data in Freshsales. We map both default and custom fields. To map custom fields properly, create the custom field with the exact name as in your CSV file. Once the import is completed, you can change the names if required.
Limits: The maximum limit on the number of records for instantaneous import is 25000 records. If the number of records are more than 25000, we create a request ticket and import data in off peak hours. This generally takes 1-2 business days.
Below are the easy steps to migrate the data -
a) Configure Freshsales before import:
Add Users: Add users in Freshsales before you initiate the import so that records can have owners associated properly. Go to Admin Settings > Users > Add user. Fill in the details asked for to create new users. Give the exact name of the user as in your pipedrive files so as to associate the owners to the records correctly.
Add Custom Fields: Add the custom fields present in your Pipedrive account to Freshsales with the exact name as in the exported files to migrate all the data.
To add custom fields, in addition to the existing fields provided by Freshsales, go to Admin Settings > Leads/Contacts/Accounts/Deals module and click. Now, choose the type of field you need and add it to the module. Give the exact name of the field as in your Pipedrive files so as to auto map the fields.
b) Prepare the Zip file
Download the Person, Organization, Deal, Activities and Notes file as a CSV. Select these files and right click to compress. This zip file is used to import data into Freshsales.
c) Import the file
You are set to start the import now. Follow the below steps to complete the process.
1. Go to Admin Settings > CRM Data Import to import the data.
2. Click Pipedrive Migration. Check the checkboxes for creating user and custom fields once you have completed Step a) Configure Freshsales, before the import as mentioned above. Upload the ZIP file prepared in Step b).
3. Clickbutton. This initiated the import and takes between 5 mins to an hr based on the number of records. The maximum limit on the number of records is 25000. If the number of records is more than 25000, we create a request ticket and import data in off-peak time (i.e, once the server’s load is stable). This generally takes 1-2 business days.
4. After the fields are mapped, click the import button to start the process. Once completed, a status email is sent to you.
This email contains a summary of the records imported, updated and failed. In addition to the summary, a detailed error log file is attached with the records which failed with the error message appended as the last column. The types of errors and their fixes are explained in the section below.
d) Fix the errors and reimport
The status email gives you detailed errors for each record. Below is the list of errors and how you can fix them. Fix these errors in the error file itself, remove the last Error message column and reimport.
How to fix
Last name can't be blank, Company name can’t be blank
(this error can occur for mandatory custom fields as well)
Mandatory information is missing
Account does not exist,
Records in deal csv file has value in account column which does not exist in freshsales (account does not exist in freshsales to get associated to deal to be imported)
Import the accounts not present in Deal file (Account column) using Account CSV import first.
Parent Record can’t be blank
Targetable not found
Related to field in Task, Appointments, call log, notes is not present in Freshsales/CSV files
Make sure the Relate to record is present in csv file or freshsales to be imported
Invalid Deal Value
Deal value column has values with , or currency appended
Deal value should be numeric only. Remove commas, and currency symbols from data values. Choose the currency in CRM settings to reflect properly in Freshsales
Owner Field is associated properly
Owner column value is not present in freshsales
These users should be present in freshsales to be associated else the owner value will be current user