If you are migrating from Salesforce, you can export all the data in your Salesforce account as a zip file and directly import the data to your Freshsales account.
To export your data from Salesforce, here’s what you do,
- Login to your Salesforce account and click Setup (it’s to the right of your name) on the menu bar.
- On the left pane of the Setup page, under Administer, click Data Management.
- Select Request an export of all your salesforce.com data.
- Choose how you’d like to encode your file by clicking the Export file encoding drop down. It is recommended that you select for encoding your file.
- Under Exported data, select the checkbox Include all data.
- Click Start Export when you’re done.
|Note: The above steps are for Salesforce Classic. If you’re using Salesforce Lightning please switch to Salesforce Classic.|
When the export is complete, your data would be downloaded as a zip file. This zip file would be a collection of individual .CSV files of your leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities, events, tasks etc in Salesforce. Freshsales currently supports the import of the below listed basic docs, in addition to other dependent ones too.
All these (inclusive of dependent CSVs) are downloaded as a Salesforce zip file.
- Deals (Opportunities)
- Appointments (Events)
To import data from the Salesforce zip file to Freshsales, here’s what you do,
- Login to Freshsales as an Administrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > Data Import > Salesforce migration .
- In the Import Data from Salesforce overlay, fulfill these activities before clicking the checkbox.
- Create users to associate the records
- Create custom fields with relevant column header names
- Upload your ZIP file and choose the downloaded zip file from the files on your device. (If you’d like to remove the uploaded zip file, click Remove and start again).
- Click the checkbox to authorize access to your Salesforce data.
- Click when you’re done.
After the import is complete, you’d receive a report with the status of the import via email. The report would include:
- No. of sales accounts imported.
- No. of contacts imported.
- No. of deals imported.
- No. of leads imported.
- No. of tasks imported.
- No. of appointments imported.
- No. of notes imported.
If some of the data from the zip file weren’t imported to your Freshsales account, you can find the data and the corresponding reason for the failure of data import in the Error log that would be attached to the email.
You can find all your imported,
- Leads - in the Leads tab and also in the details page of the individual leads.
- Contacts - in the Contacts tab and also in the details page of the individual contacts.
- Accounts - in the Accounts tab and also in the details page of the individual accounts.
- Opportunities - in the Deals tab and also in the details page of the individual deals.
- Tasks - in the My Appointments & Tasks tab and also under Tasks in the details page of the related lead or contact.
- Events - in the My Appointments & Tasks tab and also under Appointments in the details page of the related lead or contact.
- Notes - Under Notes in the details page of the related lead or contact.