If you're using Zoho, Pipedrive, Insightly or Salesforce IQ to manage your sales and would like to switch to Freshsales, it is going to be a cinch. It is easy because, all you need is your data in CSV files.
Here's how you do it,
Exporting data from your CRM
- Export your data in CSV files.
- Sometimes CRM's give you your exported data in a zipped folder. If they don't, create a folder, add the necessary CSV files and zip the folder. (To zip the folder, right click the folder and select Compress)
Data supported in Freshsales
To help you avoid data loss during the migration, here's a list of things that you need to know before you begin the import.
- Custom fields
You can import the custom fields from your source CRM as long as you remember to create the same fields in Freshsales. The names and the field type needs to be the same for the import to be successful. For example, if you've got a custom field called FirstName you need to create a custom field in Freshsales and name it FirstName.
If the custom fields are a picklist (dropdowns or radio buttons) you need to create the field along with the appropriate choices. For example if you've got a drop down called Work Experience with choices <1, 1+, 2+, 3+ you'd need to create a custom field which is a drop down, call it Work Experience and include the same choices i.e<1, 1+, 2+, 3+
- Only the following .CSV files would be imported to Freshsales.
Importing your data to Freshsales
- Login to Freshsales as an Administrator.
- Click Admin Settings and under Data Import, click Other CRM Migration.
- In the Import from other CRM overlay,
- Choose your source CRM by clicking on the name of the CRMs displayed.
- Click Upload your zip file and browse the files and folders in your device to select the zip file with your exported data.
- If you'd like to replace the uploaded file with another, click Remove and start afresh.
- Hit Save when you're done.
Once the import is complete (which is about 2-3 business days), you'd receive an email with the status of the import. The email would have the following information,
- Number of Leads imported
- Number of Contacts imported
- Number of Accounts imported
- Number of Deals imported
- Number of Activities
- Number of Tasks imported
- Number of Appointments imported
Number of Notes imported
If some of your data wasn't imported, you can find the details in the error log which would be attached with this email.