Workflow in Freshsales allows you to automate certain actions as soon as an event trigger occurs or at a specific date/time. You can automatically update field properties, send email alerts, create follow up tasks and also send notifications to third party apps via webhook based on certain criteria.
For instance, you can automatically send a welcome email to new leads created in the last 24 hours.
A. Workflow configuration will require the following elements -
NAME AND DESCRIPTION: Specifies Name and Description of what the workflow does.
WHICH RECORD TYPE DOES THIS WORKFLOW APPLY TO? : Specifies the record type on which the workflow is executed. Freshsales allows you to update the following records:
- Call Logs
- WHEN DO YOU WANT TO EXECUTE THIS WORKFLOW?: Specifies the entry point for the workflow. There are two types of entry points a user can choose from.
Based on record action (Available Garden plan onwards) -
- When the record is created: workflow is executed only when the record is created.
- When the record is created or updated: workflow is executed every single time the record is created or updated to modify the fields in the condition section.
Based on date time (Available Estate plan onwards) -
- Every Day: workflow is executed daily at a specified time for all records.
- Every Week: workflow is executed weekly at a specified day of the week and at a specific time for all records.
- Every Month: workflow is executed weekly at a specified day of the week and at a specific time for all records.
Workflows based on record action are available Garden plan onwards.
Workflows based on date time are available from the Estate plan.
Users can choose the recurrence of the workflow on a specific record as Once, for each record or Recurrently, for the same record. For eg- When the customer is contacted via email or phone, change the Lead stage to Contacted. This workflow should be performed once for a record. Similarly, whenever an email is received from the customer, you'll want to create a follow-up task for sales rep. This can be performed multiple times i.e. every single time an email is received from the customer.
WHAT CONDITIONS SHOULD TRIGGER WORKFLOW ACTIONS?
Lists the conditions to filter the records on which the actions are performed. A maximum of 5 conditions can be applied in a workflow.
The conditions to include -
- Is empty and Is not empty operators for text fields. This is in addition to existing operators.
- Date operators to filter based on both relative absolute dates.
is greater than n days ago is less than n days ago
is exactly n days ago
is in n days (future)
is after dd/mm/yyyy
is before dd/mm/yyyy
is between dd/mm/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy
is not empty
WHAT ACTION TO BE PERFORMED? Lists the automated actions to be performed on the record. A maximum of 5 actions can be added in a workflow. The actions we provide are:
- Create Deal
- Send SMS to Owner
- Send SMS to Lead
- Send SMS to All related contacts
- Add Lead/Contact/Account/ Deal team
- Send email to all attendees (applicable when 'appointments' are chosen)
For eg, If you are executing a workflow on Deals, you can update Deal properties.
You can also update related Account’s property and all related contact’s
Limits: The maximum number of workflows differs based on the plan you are in.
|Max. no. of workflows||N/A||N/A||10||25||100|
To create a new workflow, follow the below steps -
STEP 1: Go to Admin Setting -> Automation Setting -> Workflow.
STEP 2: Click on New workflow.
STEP 3: Provide the name and description of the workflow.
STEP 4: Choose when you want to execute the workflow.
STEP 5: Provide the set of conditions to filter the records on which action should be performed.
STEP 6: Provide the set of actions to be performed. You can update the record and its associated records’ property.
Note: when you execute a workflow on Deals and choose to update related contact’s property, the property of all the contacts associated to the deal will be updated.
STEP 7: Click Save when you’re done.
The actions are performed immediately when the workflow is executed.
If multiple workflows are triggered at the same point, these are executed in the order of the list they are present. The top workflow will be executed first and the bottom-most workflow will be executed at the end.
You can reorder the workflows in the list view to change the sequence. To prevent the workflows to go in an infinite loop, the sequence of workflows triggered will stop with the list from top to bottom. That is, the last workflow will not trigger the first workflow again.