To pace up any sale transaction and push potential leads to deal closure, intense and active follow up is mandatory. To save you the trouble of periodically checking your tasks, important feature alerts and their due dates, Freshsales has the notifications icon.
It lists all notifications you’ve opted for in the notifications settings page, reminding you to complete them. Every user related notification is listed here.
There are two ways by which notifications and reminders can be set.
1. Profile picture > Profile settings > Notifications
2. Or, Notifications icon > Settings
Once you land on the ‘Notification Settings’ page, you can configure to receive three different categories of notifications:
-Reminders: All your tasks and appointment reminders are sent via email and are also listed in the desktop (in web) notifications.
-Daily emails: Received via email on a daily basis.
-Desktop notifications(In web): Notifications which appear at the top right corner.
Here’s how you do it,
1. Set Reminders:
- Select the checkbox beside 'Set Reminders' to receive alerts, a few mins before the scheduled time for all your tasks and appointments.
- You are notified via an email and also through desktop notifications.
- To set the reminder time, choose from the dropdown present beside each reminder(tasks/appointments). By default, the time for both is set to 15 mins.
2. Send Daily Emails:
- To enable the notifications of your choice, choose the checkbox.
- These are notifications you receive via email.
- Tasks: Every time a task is assigned to you, an email is sent to you immediately.
- Assigning/ Transferring ownership: All lead/contact/account/deal assignment or transfer for the day is collated and sent as a single mail at 12 AM daily.
3. Send Desktop Notifications (In web):
- These appear at the top right corner as red bubble alerts indicating the no. of new notifications.
- Email activity: All email opens, clicks and replies are displayed based on the checkboxes that are enabled.
- You can also choose to receive entity, task or appointment assignment in your desktop notifications.
4. Finally hit Save.
- The notifications are specific to each user.
- Some notifications which might help improve your productivity are set as mandatory notifications.
- The number of unread notifications appears over the notifications icon in Red.
- The unread notifications come with a slightly Grey background.
- You are also notified through email if a task is deleted.
- Mark all as read option lets you tag all the notifications present then as read.
- To go to the profile settings page, you can also click the settings option present alongside the Mark all as read.
These notifications accommodate these three aspects:
- Choice: It is left to the user’s choice to decide what they wish to be notified on. This saves the user from being annoyed by unwanted notifications.
- Relevance: As the users are given the option of choosing, the problem of being spammed with irrelevant notifications is solved for.
- Action oriented alerts: When you click a particular notification, it lands on the corresponding page, where you can go ahead and respond accordingly.