Drop down fields are useful when a single value needs to be selected from a list. In Freshsales, drop down fields are provided for leads, contacts, accounts as well as deals. The values for each drop down list are called choices. As drop down fields are totally customizable, you can add, edit, reorder and delete any or all of the choices.
Here’s how you do it,
Login to Freshsales as an Adminstrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > Custom Fields. Choose any one of the categories whose drop down fields you’d like to customize i.e Lead Fields, Contact Fields, Account Fields or Deal Fields.
- Let’s say you choose Deal Fields. You’d be directed to the Deal Fields page where you can find all the deal fields grouped under Basic Information, Additional Information and Application Data.
- The fields under Basic Information are provided by default by Freshsales. The drop down fields come with default choices. Some of these choices cannot be deleted or edited. These non-editable choices are easy to spot as they’d be completely highlighted in grey. The other choices however, can be edited, deleted and rearranged.
The table below has a list of all the drop down fields for leads, contacts, accounts and deals. (The choices in bold are non-editable)
5. If you feel the need to add more choices to a drop down field,
- Click the Edit field icon beside the field you’d like to add choices to. Let’s say you want to add more stages to the field Deal Stage.
- In the Edit field overlay, you can view the Label (which is Deal Stage), Internal name (deal_stage_type), Group (Basic Information), Field Type (Drop down) and the Choices (New, Won and Lost). All of them are non-editable.
- You can add new choices by clicking the Add choice button.
- A new choice is added below the default choices. You can enter the value for the choice and click Save.
- If you’d like to delete the choice, click the Delete icon and if you’d like to rearrange the choices you’ve added, simply drag and drop them.
- Hit Save when you’re done.
The fields under Additional Information and Application Data are custom fields. Custom drop down fields are completely at your disposal. You can add or delete as many choices as you’d like, name or rename the field and also change the group of the field and field type.
Learn more about editing custom fields.