The SMS feature in Freshsales allows users to send and receive SMS messages to their leads, contacts, and record owners. To learn how to use the feature, refer to this article. Here’s how you can set up the feature.
1. Go to Admin Settings > Apps . Search for 'SMS'
2. Click on SMS. This opens the dedicated SMS integration page. Click Configure
3. Choose an SMS provider of your choice. In this case, we will opt for Twilio as the SMS service provider. Click on the Twilio icon. This opens the Twilio integration page.
4. Fill in the Account SID and Auth Token and click . This activates the feature.
Once the feature is activated, you will be presented with a success notification and will also be able to find the activated number under ‘Connected Providers’
5. Click the activated number. This opens a page dedicated to the SMS provider.
6. Turn on the ‘Receive SMS’ toggle to enable SMS replies from your leads and contacts. Turning off the toggle stops Freshsales from receiving SMS replies.
7. Copy the webhook URL and paste it in your SMS provider’s settings. To learn how to add webhook URL to your Twilio account, refer this article.
Once you start receiving SMSes in your Freshsales account, you will receive a success notification with date time and the number from which the last SMS was received.
Authentication details required
How to enable SMS replies?
Paste webhook URL from Freshsales to your Twilio account.
Paste webhook URL from Freshsales to your ClickSend account.
Auth token (API Key)
SMS replies on your Zipwhip account are enabled by default. To disable SMS replies, click the toggle.
|(Alternate) you can use a session Key instead of Username and Password to authenticate your Zipwhip account.
Now that you've set up the feature, explore the various ways of using it by referring to this article.