Contacts are individuals who represent the account you do business with. An account is the company that you share business interests with. If you’ve a traditional sales process (leads, contacts, accounts and deals), then you can convert your qualified leads to contacts. During conversion, the contact’s company is recorded as an account in Freshsales, and the expected potential is added as a deal along with its stage and expected close date.
Getting your contacts in:
- The first step is to get your contacts inside Freshsales. You can do it automatically using our Freshsales for web library and manually through import, the Quick Add button, via phone conversations and during lead conversion.
- When contacts are created with their email addresses, their social profiles and display picture is auto enriched by Freshsales.
Finding your contacts:
- From the Contacts tab, you can choose any one of the views from the Views drop down, sort the results and filter them, to see a list of refined contacts.
- There are 6 default views and 3 sample custom views that Freshsales provides for contacts. These views are editable and can be saved as new views or deleted permanently if need be.
- You can sort contacts by their Lead score, Open deals and the time when they were Created, Updated and Last contacted.
- If you’d like to narrow your search results further, you can add filters of your choice. You can save your search criteria as a custom view to keep you from modifying the filters over and over again.
Bulk Actions:You can send a bulk email, assign the contacts to another user, merge contacts, update contact fields and delete contacts in bulk. Here's how you do it,
- Select the contacts by clicking the checkbox beside their names from the Contacts list view page.
- From the bulk actions tray, choose the desired button to perform the required action on the selected contacts.
Contact details page:
A quick glance at the details page of a contact, gives you all the data you need to tailor your conversation to meet their business requirements.
- When you click on a contact, you are directed to the contact's details page.
- You can find the contact’s picture, deals - along with their stage and deal value, lead score, recent conversations and recent activities.
- In the Contact's card view, you can find the Phone number, Email, Source, Time zone, Owner and Location of the contact. Apart from these fields, you can include six more custom fields of your choice.
- All contact information can be seen when you click the View and edit all fields button.
- You can view the contact’s notes, tasks and appointments by clicking on the respective tabs.