Email templates are handy when you need to send the same email to a number of people over and over again. Whether it’s an invitation to a conference, an onboarding email, feature upgrades or festive greetings - create email templates and save yourself the trouble of typing the same content repeatedly. What’s more, you can share the templates you create, with the others in your team and likewise, use the templates, that the others have shared with you.
To create an email template,
- Go to Conversations > Email > Email Templates. Alternatively, you can click your profile picture and select Email Templates too.
- You can find all the email templates that have been shared with and created by you here. To add an email template, click New Template.
- In the Add template overlay,
- Enter a name for your template which your team can relate to in a flash. For example, if you’re creating a template to send emails to the newly signed up leads, the template’s name could be “Welcome Email” or “Thanks for signing up!”
- Enter the subject line of the email.
- Type your content in the email body. Use placeholders such as the customer’s First Name, Last Name, Email and Company Name to give a personalized touch to your emails. You can also add links and track the click-through rate using using email tracking.
- Share this template with your team by selecting the checkbox. When you share the template, all the users in your Freshsales account can access it. You cannot custom share templates to individual users or territories.
- Once you are done, click Save.
You can edit or delete the template by clicking the Edit and Delete icons respectively.
To use the email templates,
- Open a new compose window by clicking the Send an email button or by replying to an email.
- Select the desired template from the Templates drop down.
- You can edit the email content by adding links, placeholders and attaching files, but these changes won’t be saved in the template. You can make changes to templates only when you edit the email template from Email Templates in the Conversations tab.
- Click Send when you’re done.