You can assign contacts to users individually and in bulk. By default, the user adding a contact is made the owner but you can always reassign the contact to a different user. You can assign contacts to users in one or all of the following ways,
1. From the details page
2. Bulk assign
3. Via import
Assigning a contact to a user from the details page
- Select a contact from the Contacts list view page. In the details page of the contact, click the View and edit all fields icon.
- In the Edit Contact overlay, choose the user you’d like to assign the contact to from the Owner drop down.
- Hit Save.
Bulk assigning contacts to a user
- Go to the Contacts tab, select the contacts you’d like to assign to a user by clicking the checkbox beside their names.
- From the bulk actions tray, click the Assign To button.
- In the Assign To overlay, choose the user you want the selected contacts assigned to from the Owner drop down.
- Hit Assign.
Assigning contacts to a user via import
When you import a CSV file with a column that has the email addresses of the registered users (in Freshsales), then the contacts are automatically assigned to the respective users.