A lead’s information is saved in three groups:
This includes all the default lead fields provided by Freshsales that can be filled in manually through lead forms and during import, or automatically using our Freshsales for Web library
Here’s the list of default fields.
Last name is a mandatory field.
Note: For all accounts created on or before 27th June 2017, the Company Name is mandatory for conversion. For the new Garden and Estate accounts created after 27th June 2017, Company name is optional. A new Blossom or Sprout account user can contact our support team to make the Company Name optional.
This includes custom fields that capture additional information about the lead such as Date of birth, Alternate address, Years of work experience etc. The custom fields can be filled in manually through the lead forms or during import.
To customize lead fields,
- Login to your Freshsales account as an administrator.
- Go to Admin Settings > Custom fields > Lead fields.
- Click the Edit field icon beside a field under Basic Information and Additional Information
- In the Edit Field Type overlay,
- The Label, Internal Name, Group and Field Type are non editable fields.
- You can edit and delete the existing choices, or add new ones by clicking the Add choice button.
- When you delete the existing choices, the value for those records would become blank.
- Once you are done, click Save.
Learn more about creating custom fields for leads.