Why is it needed?
Many companies have the main head office(parent account) and a bunch of branch offices(child account).
Now, they may have separate accounts for different divisions or branches of the same company and associate them to the company’s main account.
By this, say you are trying to talk business with a company - Century Communications, UK. It would be so much easier to approach them if you knew that their main division is already your customer.
This feature helps you identify such associations and leverage it to close deals better.
Also, with this, the sales managers may also keep track of what’s happening in each branch(leads, deals won) of a specific company and handle operations and revenue much better.
Let us see how to link all associated accounts.
1. Log in to Freshsales and go to the Accounts section.
2. Choose a child account and click Edit.
3. Now, associate it with the parent account using the Parent account field.
4. Just enter the name of the parent account that you want to map it to.
5. If it’s not already listed, click the Add ‘<account name>’ to add a new account.
6. Now hit Save.
A sales account can have only one parent account. But, they may have multiple child accounts.
How do I view all child accounts from a parent account?
1. Go to the specific account’s landing page.
2. Right below the deals amount field, you can find an icon for Related accounts.
3. Click this icon to see the list of all child accounts associated with this parent account.
How do I know a given child account’s parent?
Every child account’s parent is visible as a label. You can find it right next to the company’s website link.
What is the maximum level of hierarchy that is allowed?
Five. Totally five nested Parent accounts can be created.
How many child accounts can one parent have?
A maximum of 50 child account can be created for a single parent account.
1. Parent-child account association is not supported in
- Data Migration
- Workflow automation
2. If a user has access to the Parent account, then by default he/she has access to all associated child accounts.