How to integrate Zapier with Freshsales?
Zapier is a tool to connect two apps and make them work together. To connect the apps, you need to create a,
Zap: Combination of an input and the desired output as a result of the input.
Trigger: The input of the Zap, which initiates any process.
Action: The result or output that takes place because of the input.
If you are already a Zapier user, it’s good news for you.
You can now integrate your Freshsales account with Zapier by following the steps listed below.
Login to Freshsales as an Admin.
Go to Admin Settings > Third party integrations
Click the Make a zap button and you’ll be directed to Zapier.
If you already have a Zapier account, log in. Else sign up to explore this integration’s possible workflows.
Once you are logged in, you’ll be directed to the below screen,
6. Now, choose to Make a Zap with Freshsales.
7. Before you start to create a zap, you need to decide on the following,
The app from which the trigger is fetched
What should the trigger be?
What action should take place as a consequence?
The app in which the action should take place
How to create a zap?
A. TRIGGER: Let’s say our trigger is any new sign up from the company website.
Choose your app from which the trigger is fetched.
Freshsales will be pre-populated as the app for trigger by default. You can change it to any app of your choice.
Let’s say we choose Google Forms.
b. Next, select your trigger.
c. Connect your Google Forms account.
d. Upload the excel sheet from which the trigger has to be fetched.
The next step lets you confirm on the uploaded files
e. On confirmation, your trigger is set successfully.
B. ACTION: For every response submitted to the google form, a new lead is created in Freshsales.
Choose the app in which the action should take place as the response to the trigger.
Let’s use the Freshsales app in this case.
2. If your Freshsales account is already connected to Zapier, you can see it listed under Your apps section.
3. Else, just search for it and connect your account.
4. Steps to connect your Freshsales account:
5. Hit the Connect Account button.
6. When you do so, a new window asking you for your Subdomain and your API Key appears.
7. Enter your domain name:
8. You can find the API key under, “Profile picture" (top right corner of your Freshsales homepage) > Profile Settings > API Settings.
9. Once you’ve entered that information, click on Yes, Continue and then you’ll see your newly connected account:
10. Now, you’ve successfully connected your Freshsales and Zapier account.
11. Now choose the action you want to see in Freshsales for every new response captured by the google form.
12. Now map the lead fields to the appropriate google form’s fields. These are the fields that get populated for every new lead created in your Freshsales account.
Note: Ensure all required fields are mapped.
13. Once you save and continue, a sample lead is displayed for you to check.
14. You’re almost done creating a zap now. You can either add a new step if needed, else hit Finish.
15. Finally, enable the Zap’s on/off toggle and activate your Zap.
With this, you’ve successfully created your zap and integrated Freshsales with Zapier.