When you’d like to meet with a prospect to push a deal forward, you needn’t have to dash to your calendar to block a date. You can add an appointment inside Freshsales which automatically notifies all the attendees and related lead/contact of the appointment about the time, venue and purpose of the appointment before it commences. You can also add people outside Freshsales to attend the appointment by entering their email address. They are not only invited to the appointment but are added as leads as well.
You can also set the appointment in the time zone of the related lead/contact for their convenience. Freshsales automatically displays the appointment in the equivalent time of your time zone and saves you the trouble of having to calculate the difference in time.
You can add an appointment,
- From My Appointments & Tasks
- From the details page of leads, contacts and accounts
- From the list view page of leads, contacts and accounts
- After a Phone call
- From the Quick Add button
From My Appointments & Tasks
- Go to My Appointments & Tasks > Appointments.
- Click Add appointment button.
- In the Add appointment overlay, give a suitable title for the appointment. This is a mandatory field.
- To set the appointment for the entire day, enable the All Day toggle. By default it's disabled. (Default duration: 9 a.m to 6 p.m).
- Using the date picker, choose the date and time when you’d like the appointment to begin and end. Your current date and time is displayed by default. The time can be chosen in hours and in intervals of 30 minutes.
- Choose the time zone of the related lead or contact.
- Enter the city/venue where the appointment is going to place in the field Where.
- Describe the purpose of the appointment in the Description. This is to help other users understand the appointment better.
- Search for the lead, contact, account and deal you want this appointment associated with in the Related to search box and choose from the search results that appear. This is also a mandatory field.
- The Attendee is by default the user creating the appointment.
- However, you can change the owner to another user if you please, by clicking the remove icon beside the attendee and choosing a different user from the Attendee drop down.
- You can invite other users to an appointment by including the names of the users under Attendees. You can have any number of users as Attendees.
- You can also invite people outside Freshsales by entering their email addresses in Attendees. They are added as new leads and invited to the appointment as well.
- Hit Save when you’re done.
From the details page of leads, contacts and accounts
- Visit the details page of a lead, contact or account that you’d like to add an appointment for.
- Select Appointment > Add Appointment.
- Repeat steps 3-9
From the list view page of leads, contacts and accounts
- Visit the list view page of leads, contacts or accounts that you’d like to add an appointment for.
- Click the More icon beside a lead, contact or an account and select Add Appointment.
- Repeat steps 3-9
After a Phone call
- Go to Conversations > Phone > All Phone Calls (You can choose Voicemail if you’d like to add appointments specifically from voicemails you’ve received).
- Select a call log from an existing lead or contact, click the More button and choose Add appointment.
- Repeat steps 3-9.
- You can also add an appointment from the phone widget. Select Recent calls and click the More icon beside a call log. Select Add appointment.
From the Quick Add button
- You can add an appointment by clicking the Quick Add button on the Quick Actions Bar.
- Choose + Appointment
- Repeat steps 3-9
You can find all your appointments in:
1. The details page of the related lead, contact or account.
2. Also under My Appointments & Tasks.
Additionally, a notification email is sent to you when,
Email is sent to:
|New appointment is created
|Task is edited (Addition of an attendee)
|Task is updated (Change in date)
- These email reminders are sent only to Blossom, Garden and Estate customers.