Connections refer to leads or contacts on Freshsales who are likely to be from the same organization. When several individuals from a lead's company are in Freshsales, it is important for the owner to be informed of the same. The connections feature helps detect different individuals who work for the same organisation by proactively looking for records that have the same company name, work number, or email domain name. Whenever such records are detected, they are displayed as connections on the lead/contact landing page.
Once a set of connections is detected, users can execute one of the following actions:
- Merge: Merging allows users to move the values of a connection under the original record and remove the connection. If a connection happens to be the duplicate of a lead, you can be merged with the lead.
- Quick Merge: Quick Merge allows you to merge all detected connections into a single record. Click on the Quick Merge button to initiate merge action between the records.
Note: Duplicate contacts cannot be turned back into leads in Freshsales
- View & Edit fields: You can view the fields of the connections from within the landing page and use it to gather more context about these records.
- Assign to a user: There are instances when two or more individuals may have signed up to try your product. In such a scenario, these connections can be reassigned to a single owner by clicking on the Assign to a user button.
- Send email: If the connection has an email associated with it, you can send an email.
- Delete: The delete function allows you to delete connections.