If you receive a support ticket from someone who is very interested in your product, you might want to add that person as a lead in your CRM. Adding requestors of tickets from your helpdesk as leads in your CRM is only a button's click away. If you use Freshdesk to manage your customer support, all you need to do is install a Freshplug (custom app) in your Freshdesk account to add leads from support tickets in your Freshsales account.
Here's how you do it,
- You need to create the Freshplug in your Freshdesk account first. So, login to Freshdesk as an Administrator.
- Click Admin and under Helpdesk Productivity select Apps.
- In the Apps page, click the Custom Apps tab. You can find a list of all the custom apps you've created. To add the freshplug for lead creation, click New Custom app.
- Download the script (attached in this article) and copy it.
- In the New Custom app page,
- Give the custom app a name of your choice.
- You can also describe the custom app by adding a one liner in the description. It helps the other admins understand the purpose of the app better.
- In the Script box, paste the code from the downloaded .txt file. (If the box has any sample code in it, please delete it before you paste the copied code.)
- After you've pasted the code, search for FRESHSALES_DOMAIN in the code. You'd need to enter your Freshsales domain URL between the double quotes provided.
- Similarly, you'd also need to enter your Freshsales API key between the double quotes provided for FRESHSALES_API.
- Select the Ticket detail page checkbox.
Click Create and enable when you're done.
When you click on the Create Lead in Freshsales button,
A lead is created and the Requestor's
- Email address - is filled in the lead field Email.
- Last name - is filled in the lead field Last name.
- Company name - is filled in the lead field Company name.
- Mobile number - is filled in the lead field Mobile.
- Twitter - the link to the requestor's Twitter profile is filled in the lead field Twitter.
- Facebook - the link to the requestor's Facebook profile is filled in the lead field Facebook.
- Address - is filled in the lead field Address.
- Job title - is filled in the lead field Job title.
- Work number - is filled in the lead field Work.
- Timezone - is filled in the lead field Time zone.
Notes of the ticket are added under the tab Notes in the lead's details page.