In Freshsales, all phone calls you make and receive are automatically logged. However, on the off chance that you receive a call from a prospect on your personal number, you might want to have it logged too. That is why Freshsales allows you to manually log calls and also add notes for the same.
Here’s how you do it,
- After you receive or make a phone call, click the More button from the phone widget and select Add call log.
A Call Log overlay appears. In the field Associate this phone call to,
- Select Existing lead, if you’d like to associate the call to a lead.
- Select New lead, if you’d like to create a new lead and associate the call to that lead.
- Select an Existing contact, if you’d like to associate the call with a contact.
- Select a New contact, if you’d like to create a new contact and associate the call to that contact.
- Select Existing account, if you’d like to associate the call to an account.
- If you’re associating the call to an existing lead, contact or account, search for them either by their first or last name in the field Name and choose from the search results that appear.
- If you’re associating the call to a new lead or contact, enter only their Last name in the field Name. Enter their company's name in the field Account name. Both are mandatory fields.
- You can add notes in the box displayed under Notes.
- Click Save when you’re done.
Alternatively, you could manually log calls made outside Freshsales using the Quick Add button and also from the details page of the lead, contact or account.
The call log is added and can be found under All Phone calls in the Conversations tab and also under Recent Conversations in the details page of the respective lead, contact or account. The notes added in the call log can also be found on the details page of the respective lead, contact or account.
Note: You cannot create a new account and associate a call log to it.|